.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

the word whisperer

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Headlights...

Yellow and red mingled
On the highway - tedious -
Words floating in my head like boats
Empty, but the safety vests
Scattered on the floor - useless, orange...
Floating away through my eyes
Dispersing amidst the charcoal clouds
That have sucked in the last rays of sun,
Getting ready for the night
To settle in.

Earphones - the press my ears like hands,
Transporting me to a world
Where I can think and exist alone;
Let the bus carry me on
To the place where I can speak and know
That someone will understand,
Someone will smile because they love me,
Bring fresh daisies when I wake,
Or wish me pleasant dreams of tulips,
Yellow and red...

1 Comments:

  • hey Yorik, I just thought I´d peek at your website today, and I absolutely loved this poem, probably one of my favs. Its got such great imagery and the words have a good rhythm. loved it! Jes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home